Carpenter Ants Identification
- 1/4-3/4 inch
- Usually black with brown bands and fine hairs on abdomen.
- Three sections to body with elbowed antennae
- Some will have wings when swarming.
- Capable of biting. Not stinging.
- Presence of ants.
- Piles of sawdust, with or without insect parts in it.
- Damaged wood channeled with a sanded appearance.
- Found throughout house but mostly in kitchens, bathrooms, under insulation and moist areas.
- Hibernate in winter but can emerge during warm spells.